Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

4.09.2006

What To Add To Your Netflix This Week...


Unless you're an inmate in Massachusetts.

I adored the Oscar/Golden Globe/Spirit Awards/SAG/GLADD award winner Brokeback Mountain. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal's portrayal of a unique love story was touching.

Apparently the Massachusetts Penal System found it a little too touching.

A corrections officer was disciplined after showing the film to inmates at a prison in Norfolk, Massachusetts, about 25 miles southwest of Boston.

A spokesperson insists that it wasn't the fact that the movie features a gay theme as its basis, but rather the sexually explicit scenes which deemed it inappropriate.

Funny - I remember all the love scenes and the only nudity I remember was Michelle Williams' breasts and ass and Anne Hathaway's breasts.

I should hope that the following Oscar Award Winners also made 'the do-not-show cut' for their sexually explicit scenes - Monster's Ball, American Beauty, Titanic, Shakespeare in Love, The English Patient, The Piano...

From our friends at www.cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/08/prison.brokeback.reut/index.html

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends all would do this for a million dollars, but I would never do it for a million dollars if I was already a rich actor. I will not see this movie! And now my thoughts of the Patriot are spoiled and I will never see Jarhead.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

You disappointment me, Troy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home