Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

10.08.2006

Dumpwatch 2006: St. Torre


I hate to say it, but the Yankees' playoff loss was ultimately due to poor management.

I get that you want to play vets in post season, but they weren't the guys that got us to October. We need a first baseman. Shef shouldn't have been thrown into a brand new position in the post season. We need to stop buying old guys and farm new talent. We shouldn't have been switching up the line-up. With the skill we had, there's no reason why we shouldn't have won it all.

We need a new manager.

I love you, Torre, but you gotta go. Oh, and can you take A-Rod with you?

UPDATE: Ok, ok...I may have been a little pissed and posted the above as a knee-jerk reaction. St. Torre's gotten us to the playoffs every year, one of the longest streaks in baseball. I love you, and all is forgiven (for another year).

Torre's holding a press conference now saying he's staying on.

Steinbrenner, in a statement issued through spokesman Howard Rubenstein, said he told Torre: "'You're back for the year. I expect a great deal from you and the entire team. I have high expectations, and I want to see enthusiasm, a fighting spirit and a team that works together. Responsibility is yours, Joe, and all of the Yankees.'

"Yes, I am deeply disappointed about our loss this year," Steinbrenner added. "We have to do better, and I deeply want a championship. It's about time."

However, there's still no love for our error kingpin third baseman. I wouldn't shed a tear to here he's waived the no trade clause in his $25MM a year contract. Any takers? Any?

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We need to stop buying old guys and farm new talent"

this is what the mets did, but it would require the yankees to be bad for a few seasons. you think yankees fans can handle that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home