Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

10.02.2006

Favorite new "New Rule" by Bill Maher

New Rule: Bring back lamps where the switch is on the actual lamp and not three feet down the cord! How come we used to be able to make lamps with an on-off switch where you'd naturally look for it? You know, on the part I like to call, "the lamp." But now it's on the cord? Did we lose the technology? I'm going to fight this. I'm going to bring back the lamp with the switch where it belongs, or my name's not Andy Rooney.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger riese said...

word.

i get super-confused by the lamps that need the switch for the whole room to be on (which is sometimes up, but sometimes down? this is always at someone elses house, i never have it this way at mine, it boggles me to no end) for it to be on, but you never know if it's the lamp-switch or the room-switch that's out of sync so you pop back and forth between them, trying to figure it out?

I duct-taped the switch for my lamp onto the floor so I know where to look for it.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

I constantly confuse guests with the various ceiling fan/lamps and light switch scenarios in my living room. Apparently, it's a code only I can crack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home