Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

9.09.2007

Suicide League Week One: Fuc The Bucs

It's that most wondrous time of the year and Z's most ready for some football! Once again, the weekly anxiety comes to a head before the 1pm Sunday kickoffs due to participation in my buddy's suicide pool. This year nearly seven grand's on the line for one lucky winner.

For week one, I've gone against my better judgement and am putting my money behind Seattle. Those who've been loyal readers will remember that it was Seattle that doomed me a few years back, blowing a 24 point lead with only five minutes to go in the fourth quarter against St Louis. That was then. This is now.

Jon "Chucky" Gruden hasn't shown the latent coaching genius lurking inside since leaving Oakland. Today should be no exception. The spread's a touchdown in favor of the perennially playoff bound Seahawks and the fact that they're playing in their loud ass home should only add to to the carnage. Go Hawks!

My confidence is not so strong for the Jets and Giants playing the Patriots and Cowboys respectively. Nevertheless, I'll be donning Gang Green and Big Blue to support my local boys. Man Genius can teach Belichick a thing or two - it's only a matter of time. I'm sincerely hoping the Jets D painfully crushes Randy Moss. And here's hoping Romo's still feeling the sting of his playoff OOPS! and Eli's boys roll all over America's Team. Oh, and let's not forget The Tuna's stepped down...

Here's hoping you're successful in your fantasy leagues and your hometown heroes pull through this year. Unless, of course, you're in my league or playing against my NY boys.

Are you ready for some football?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fuc the Bucs. The Pussies are making them look like a Termite team. DeAngelo Williams just ran past the whole effing defense like it was a high school JV team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home