Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

11.21.2006

The Second Most Uncomfortable Three Minutes I've Seen On TV Today


By now you've likely watched the above tirade by Michael Richards, aka Kramer on Seinfeld.

As work has had me by the jugular for the past week or so, I haven't had the chance to do much of anything, nevermind get my pop culture fix. I did glance at cnn.com before leaving and got the gist of the now infamous Richards unraveling. However, I didn't actually watch the video until I was home, about to turn on Letterman because Jerry Seinfeld was on pimping the seventh season of SEINFELD just released on DVD.

Wow.

I knew Dave wouldn't make it through one minute of warm-up banter without asking Jerry about the incident. He actually went one better. With Jerry acting as an ambassador, Michael Richards himself appeared via satellite. While a clearly disturbed Richards fumbled through an outrageously uncomfortable apology, Jerry, always the consummate gentleman, stood by his friend even while condemning what happened.

While the rest of the country is up in arms, you just know Mel Gibson is breathing a huge sigh of relief...

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy that Richards went off on was on TV acting like a victim. I'm sorry, call me racist if you want, but I see little difference in calling someone derogatory names while their on stage and using the "N" word. Neither is right. I just get so pissed off when people act like they are the victim when they merely reaped what they sowed. If you don't want to be called names then don't call other people names. It's f*ing simple. Morons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home