Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

7.05.2006

It's Going To Be Like WW II All Over Again



VS

I have a secret: I've been watching the World Cup.

Maybe it was the dwindling lame duck days at the old job with all the long lunches, but I found I watched more once America had bit it in the first round. It could have been the trip to Montreal. Or, perhaps it's due to living in a decidedly Italian neighborhood and hearing the roars coming from the bar downstairs after the two late game winning goals yesterday.

Regardless, I've been keeping tabs on the footbol tourney's stats. And I'm psyched for the match up on Sunday night when the Frenchies take on the Eyetalians. But which team to root for?

I greatly respect both countries. They tie in culinary skills. Both nation's men are reputable lovers. The wine is a draw as well. Each offered up a taste of brutal dictatorship. I wouldn't be able to decide which designer duds to covet more. Dolce & Gabbana or Dior? Paris or Rome? Pan de Chocolat or Tirmasu? Decisions, decisions...

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger heatheradair said...

Z, that's gotta be the BEST who-will-win comparison out there - you're right, they've both got hunky men, great food, lotsa wine, fantastic clothes...! perfect :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE FRENCH SUCK. Italians have more heart, passion, and BALLS.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

Thanks, Heather!

Anon - You've a stock pile of Freedom Fries, don't you?

xoxo - Z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home