Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

7.03.2006

Superman, Indeed!


Last night, The Boyfriend and I went to see Superman Returns. I've heard good buzz about the movie and, in particular, Brandon Routh - the relatively unknown lead who eerily resembles Christopher Reeve.

Brandon was spectacular both in the Superman role and as the shy and awkward Clark Kent. (He also had me salivating in how he filled out that new suit - yum!) While Kevin Spacey, unsurprisingly, was genius as Lex Luther, Kate Bosworth disappointed. I know she was supposed to be a 'modern mother' form of Lois Lane, but for as much chemistry as she flatly tried to show for the Man of Steel, she completely ignored Clark and I just couldn't buy her as the part.

The movie was about a half hour longer than it needed to be but by the first action sequence when Superman makes his grand return safely landing a 747 on the infield of a baseball game, along with the roaring crowd, you're hooked. The special effects are predictably incredible, coming from the director of XMen, and while I saw the plot twist coming, I found it enjoyable to watch play out. The ending's a little too melodramatic, but they left the door wide open for sequels.

So Brandon, enjoy the ride. You're about to live all your dreams as the next BIG STAR. Kudos!

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(He also had me salivating in how he filled out that new suit - yum THAT’S THE LAST TIME I TAKE YOU TO SEE A SUPERHERO MOVIE

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

er, OK "anon"...i meant his acting skills/tough shoes to fill and all...yeah, that's it!

xoxo - Z.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home