Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

9.06.2006

Ahoy Matey!

Tomorrow night I'll be embarking on an adventure I've been waiting to do for over seven years. At 6pm, I'll step aboard the infamous 151 foot Highlander yacht pictured above and owned by the Forbes family.

True, it's a work event and an overall shmoozefest, but for those in the advertising industry it's also a right of passage. My peers are shocked, appalled actually, that I've yet to secure an invite to this annual summer perk. The stars have just never been in alignment. I've either switched accounts or agencies whenever the opportunity came around. But tomorrow I get to don my sealegs and sail around the harbor to gawk up close at Lady Liberty and marvel at the underside of my favorite NYC iconic structure, the Brooklyn Bridge.

So thank you Forbes for making one of my little dreams come true. Perhaps I'll even forgive you for this.

6 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I was at this party too! I was the young incredibly good looking blackjack dealer upstairs.

No shit.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Wait. I just saw that this hasn't happened yet.

Well anyway, I've been on that boat for an advertising party too.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z, you really need to get more interesting people to read your Blog

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

Ryan, and so it appears that everyone's been on this boat but me. :)

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes tonight.

Blackjack, eh?

xoxo - Z.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

Anon - because you're so compelling?

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Classy. Enjoy the free booze. I'm going next Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home