Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

8.06.2008

It's 1991 All Over Again

EW circa November 8, 1991

Office Services sent out a company-wide email that there was free ice cream in the little conference room around the corner from my office. As I'm not a big fan of ice cream (I blame a certain activity involving garbage bags, ladles and gallons of the creamy stuff on my pledge class' Fake Hell Night in college, which ironically was also my 19th birthday), I didn't even open the email. After my boss goaded me with "But there's popsicles, too!", I begrudgingly followed her to 10.101.A.


In the cooler, I spied my once in a while go-to Toasted Almond bar. What was next to it, though, made my heart jump and a huge grin spread across my face. For there it was. Something I'd not had or seen in at least fifteen years. A. Chunky. Strawberry. FrozFruit. Bar.

Oh my God!

I should mention I was obsessed with the tasty wonders and basically subsisted entirely on them the summers of 1989 - 1992. I have not seen or even thought of them since.


I proceeded to snatch it and spent the next fifteen minutes reliving my youth. Heck, I even sucked the last remaining drops off the stick.


Thank you, Office Services!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O what a lil FrozFruit bar can do.... yummy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home