Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

4.06.2007

Essie Introduces "Starter Wife"

Although it's feeling more like February than April, most of you ladies have likely retired your "Wicked" and other winter nail hues for the far lighter "Ballet Slippers" and "Like Linen." (Sorry, I'm loyal to Essie - the only O.P.I. shade I know is Bubble Bath). Why not broaden your shade selection to the new "Starter Wife" pictured above? According to NYMag.com, it is "super-shiny and has the slightest hint of pink."

That, and the name is genius.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Starter Wife??? I found this blog because I was trying to figure out what a starter wife is after my girlfriend told me she was reading a book called The Starter Wife. Apparently its being made into a movie on USA next month too...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

Hi Luke - A starter wife is a take on what's known as a starter marriage, one that lasts 5 or so years and the couple divorces before having kids. You can liken it to a 'starter house' - the first one you buy before you can afford or are ready for the real one. The term has become a snarky label for a young divorcee.

There's been books written on it, most notably the one your wife has read that's being made into a cable tv movie.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger gstaff said...

Thanks Madison for the information. I guess I have a better understanding of the plotline of the Debra Messing movie now.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home