Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

8.14.2008

Even The Empire State Building's Getting Into An Olympic Spirit

I've been watching much more of the Olympic Games than I thought I would. My main tune-ins are for the human dolphin's run at gold medal history, gymnastics and a sport I never thought I'd care about - synchronized diving. Don't judge me on that last one because it's not that often I have the opportunity to see hot guys in tiny speedos flinging themselves about.

But back to the point of this post...

A very cool thing is happening about a hundred stories up from the corner of 5th Avenue and 34th Street. For the first time in history, the Empire State Building is using the light displays on all four sides independently. Throughout The Games, each side will be lit in the national flag colors of the top sixty-six nations competing, based on the number of athletes participating. The first and last nights of The Games will highlight the USA and China only.

It's quite the spectacle. If you have the chance, definitely check it out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home