Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

8.04.2006

Z's Dad Is Mad As Heck And He's Not Going To Take It Anymore!

My father, aka Big Z, is a pretty laid back kind of guy. It normally takes a lot to get his fur up. Well, Genius Bar workers beware because Big Z is after your asses today!

It all started innocently enough. He emailed me an article and wanted my opinion. Here's the article. I answered that yes, to a certain extent, I agree. Many women, myself included, would go for a techie toy over normal girly goods. However, at the present, I'm torn between desperately needing a new pair of black stilettos and a new ipod. I don't have the cash for both. What's a girl to do?

Uh oh. Like the kid in A Christmas Story, time slowed down as I realized the fury uttering that particular four letter word would unleash. I'd already hit reply. It was too late. I'd said eye-paaaaahhhhhd.

Big Z's 2nd ipod crapped out on him this morning. Like many of us who've also lived in denial of the death of our beloved little guy, he's hoping the Genius Bar can work a miracle. Ah, but this means that he actually has to walk into a store and interact with the employees. And this, dear readers, is where there's undoubtedly going to be a smackdown. My father is a PC user and those smug Apple guys aren't going to make him feel inferior for his techno choice any more.

"I will strike up a conversation with a COUPLE, not just one, of those losers...i mean slackers...um...i mean genius bar people, to see what they say. I learned long ago that when you talk to apple people, you must (underline must) get a consensus because they get so little facts or guidance from their main office, they have become used to literally "making up" advice and passing it off as gospel truth.

Try it sometime...ask one guy for some factual advice, then ask someone else in the store...almost every time you get very, very, very different answers. It seems to be just the nature of apple employees. Then, making things worse, once they find out you don't use a mac, they instantly attack you and your stupid choice and the entire world of PC-users. This is not fun (or advisable) in any retail situation, but obviously apple doesn't tutor against this approach. It is so pervasive you'd think they would counsel on the right way to sell.

I find this PC-hating environment 100% of the time with apple employees. They also tend to automatically discriminate against non-kids like me, and instantly assume I have no clue with computers, every time, and that they are personally god's gift to computer experts with their I-am-god attitude."

Go get 'em Big Z! Look out Genislackers - he's on his way and he's looking for you. All of you. Can't you just see him furiously stabbing at his keyboard, dear readers?

Oh, and Big Z, if you're reading - it's not just the employees. It's also the mac USERS.

4 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Matt Brand said...

how 'bout a pic of the Big Z Dawg?
I hear his pain. That place is full of weenies who don't really know what the hell's going on. In terms of NYC, though, the new one in midtown beats Soho.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

check the hyperlink in the last line slinks...

ps - they're opening another store on 34th by penn station.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Erica / Parker said...

I am a mac lover, but have a PC because of cost for now. When I first got my nano, there was something totally wrong with it from jump. And while I love the brand, you are right. It took 2 people to figure out my problem, which they didn't even do. They both had "never seen this before". So they gave me a new one =p

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

Erica - It must be their new service rule - when in doubt,hand one out. Big Z was also awarded a brand new Nano on Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home