Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

4.18.2007

Brooklyn's Bravest

There are many things one would expect to find in the infamously toxic Gowanus Canal. Oil slicks? Sure. Dead bodies? Likely. Raw Sewage? Most definitely. Sea loving creatures? Yeah, right. And I bet you've got a bridge you'd like to sell me...


So, when I read on Curbed via Gowanus Lounge yesterday that a whale (yes, a real fucking whale!) had found its way into the Gowanus Canal, I thought it was a belated April Fools joke. But no, it's true!



See West 9th Street on the map where it meets the BQE? My apartment's a few blocks or so north of there and the fiesty baby Baleen whale currently hanging in "Gowanus Bay." I plan on stalking the little guy should he still be around this weekend, although considering the mass pollution of the water, part of me hopes he realizes his mistake and hauls ass outta there.


Source: Pics care of Gowanus Lounge, who's all over this story. Thanks, Rus!

UPDATE: Sadly, our Sludgie The Whale has passed into that great big ocean in the sky. We're going to miss the thought of the little guy.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap is right. i gotta see this for myself. can you call in sick tomorrow?? cmon!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Z. Madison said...

No can do with the faux sick manana, however, I did take Friday off...Will you and your camera join for a field trip down to the canal? Larry's welcome...

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home