Z. Madison

For when you're relaxing at home or killing company time - Z. Madison's here for you.

7.21.2007

Deathwatch 2007: Tammy Faye Messner

It came as no surprise, but with sadness just the same. Tammy Faye Messner lost her battle with cancer on Friday morning, She was 65.

I was ten when the PTL scandal broke. I didn't really understand all the sorted details, but even a tween understood that they guy had had an affair with his secretary, she blabbed, he was investigated and found to have stolen a ton of cash from his church. What was fascinating to me was the scorned wife: her makeup, her drama, her staunch faith.

Twenty years later, she was on one of the many VH1 reality shows I am shocked to find myself loyal to (my current obsession with Rock of Love comes to mind). The Surreal Life pairs up a handful of misfits and D-Listers. Tammy's season was my favorite. She had a heart of platinum and a spunky soul. Godspeed, Tammy! I'll wear a few extra coats of Great Lash for you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home